Foreign Landowners

Did you know that foreign persons holding an interest in U.S. farm lands are required to report their holdings and any transactions to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture?  According to Nevada Farm Service Agency Executive Director, Clint Koble, "Any foreign person who acquires, transfers, or holds an interest, other than a security interest, in agricultural land in the United States is required by law to report transactions no later than 90 days after the date of transaction."  For AFIDA (Agricultural Foreign Disclosure Act) purposes, … [Read more...]